- Date: Happening Now
- Location/Address: 9500 Eastridge Dr, El Paso, TX 79925
- Dates: November 18 - January 6
- Website: https://epwinterfest.com/
Mark your calendars, El Paso!
- The Coolest ❄️ Fest in the Southwest is back! El Paso WinterFest, presented by The Hospitals of Providence and Providence Children's Hospital returns to the borderland for its third year with a bigger, better and brighter season from November 18 - January 6.
- Preparations are underway to officially kickoff the season on Sunday, November 18, with the traditional Scherr Legate Celebration of Lights Parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony at San Jacinto Plaza.
- Date: Sun Bowl Invitational is Dec. 28-29 at UTEP's Don Haskins Center
- The 50th annual Bank of the West Don Haskins Sun Bowl Invitational is Dec. 28-29 at UTEP's Don Haskins Center. Wednesday's games: UTEP plays Colorado State at 7 p.m. Arkansas-Pine Bluff plays Jacksonville State at 9 p.m. Thursday: Consolation game is 5 p.m. with championship game at 7 p.m. The tournament is the nation's oldest collegiate holiday basketball tournament. Tickets: $20-$40 four game/two-night package; $12-$22 two-game/one-night package. Information: 533-4416 or 747-5234 (UTEP Ticket Center).
- Rotary Sun Bowl Football Team Luncheon is Friday, Dec. 30, at the El Paso Convention Center. Doors open at 11 a.m. The starting line-ups from both teams are introduced at 11:30 a.m. and the head coaches are highlighted as well. Tickets: $50; tables for eight $450 (eight guests, or six guests plus two football players from each team).
- The 14th annual Sun Bowl Fan Fiesta is 4 to 9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 30, at the El Paso Convention Center, with live music by Fungi Mungle and other local bands, activities and games for kids 6 and younger, face painting, balloon animals, Battle of University Bands and Cheerleaders, food and drink for purchase, and a fireworks display at 8 p.m. Admission is free; interactive game tent wristbands are $5.
- Pregame activities begin at 11:30 a.m. in the stadium, and the Sun Bowl Fun Zone activity area for children is open 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. outside of the stadium's east concourse.